While driving north on I-39 through north-central Illinois,
we saw on Facebook that Dan DeWeese and Julie Thorndycraft had just left
Chicago, driving NW on the tollway.
We kept track and met them at the Wisconsin Welcome Area and Wayside, just
over the border from Illinois. We
beat them by 5 minutes!
They were returning from Michigan, where they finished
buying and shipping their Gozzard 37' sailboat. Since the water was too low on Lake Michigan for them to exit
the harbor, they had to ship the boat by truck. Once loaded, it was just as easy for them to ship it to
Duluth (their new home port), rather than just for a few miles and sailing
(well, motoring) it home through Lakes Michigan and Superior.
We caravaned with them up I-90 and I-94 through Wisconsin,
until we lost them during a driver change. They were too fast for us anyway
(the usual story for us – smaller boat, smaller car.)
First Buddy Boats, now a Buddy Car!
No comments:
Post a Comment